fot

John Weinberger-ex-TR pilot

To: greenman62@hotmail.com, N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: John Weinberger-ex-TR pilot
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:32:10 EDT
John Weinberger drove a TR at Road America early on....and I have a 60s Road
America program with his name and TR listed in it.

We usually indulge in his cocktails at Continental Motors in Hinsdale
(Chicago Area) each year. Like Vic Elford, he may not like to be reminded of
this humble heritage, but certainly you should pursue this....more fun stuff.

Carl Jensen...one of the primary leaders of SVRA also shows up in his TR3 in
programs, that I have for Greenwood, Inc and Road America....

Gear up for Mid-Ohio, Greg!!!!....we are going to kick butt. Well, some of
us....

Joe Alexander

<< Joe,

    A point of interest for you... If not the FOT in general... I did an
    interview with John Weinberger for VICTORY LANE a couple of months
    back. He's an ex-hot rodder who cut his sports car teeth on
    Porsches... He's also a Triumph alum (you may already know this).
    Apparently, he raced a TR4 for a few years shortly after becoming a
    dealer back in the 60s or 70s.

    Since then, he's moved on to other rides including Porsches again,
    Loti, and this year he'll be driving Chris Amon's Ferrari Formula 2.

    I don't know if he would want to be an "official" FOT however he's
    a helluvah nice guy and has earned enough stripes to be an honorary
    one.

    Greg Petrolati