fot

GT6 Valve Question

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 Valve Question
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:12:53 -0500
On the road to completing our rebuild, we finished reassembling the head
yesterday for my '72 GT6.  We noticed that the keepers (collets) on the
intake valves are more exposed than the keepers on the exhaust valves.
The intake valve keepers sit proud of the retainers by about 1/16th of
an inch while the keepers on the exhaust valves sit flush with the
retainers.  Anybody know if this is the way it's supposed to be?  Is
this caused by the two-piece retainers on the intake valves?

Scott
sbarr@mccarty-law.com
(920) 766-4693
(920) 766-4756 (fax)