fot

Re: Crankcase Venting

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankcase Venting
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:34:18 -0700
Bob,
 I will bring my leak down tester with me tomorrow.  We can do a quick test
if you want.  Did you have the crankcase problems before the other problems?
If not, you may have some worn rings now, causing all the blow-by.  Rings
don't like to get hot, and can quickly wear.  With my TR3 I have a 1inch
pipe into the crankcase, and a half inch pipe from the valve cover.  I keep
the dipstick held in place with a spring to keep it sealed.  Joe