fot

Re: Cooling

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cooling
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:21:55 -0700
Steve...

I grew up with motor homes...   we had a great "fix" to get us over the humps of
high mountains... even with the A/C on....

We bought a CHEAP windshield washer kit from an auto parts store... and put the
spray nozzles in front of the radiator.  We mounted the plastic water container
in such a place that we could refill it WHILE driving from the inside of the
motor home.    When the motor started to get hot... we just turned it on... it
sprayed water lightly onto the radiator (not in great enough amounts to cause
problems...) and we would just refill it as we went.... it might take 3 gallons
of water to get us over a mountain range... but it was sure nice to keep the
motor home air conditioned and driving 70 mph w/o overheating... it was sure a
lot cheaper than trying to upgrade equipment that otherwise worked fine...

Just food for thought....   these days.. you could probably buy those little
spray nozzles from a Home Depot or Garden center...  that sprays the water in a
very fine mist... this would improve the overall design... combining a cheap 12V
windshield wiper pump and holding tank with the mist nozzles.

--Justin Wagner