fot

Re: Irv Korey Mod / Negative Camber

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, tmccis@REVEALED.NET, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Irv Korey Mod / Negative Camber
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:36:48 EDT
In a message dated 05/28/2000 11:13:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< This is a pretty interesting modiifcation and I can certainly see the value
 quick enough BUT you would never be able to convince. the SCCA that this was
 a legal modification even as late as 1972 ( the last time I fielded a team
 of TR's). Too bad . It's a good mod.  But then , I'm not running tech
 inspection so >>

Sadly, or gladly (depending upon where you're sitting) the Scrutineering in
Vintage Racing often leaves a lot to be desired.  There are modifications
being allowed in Vintage that would never pass muster in SCCA.  At the top of
the list are the Science Fiction Porsches that race as 356s.  And the same
holds true for every marque right down the line.

The upside is we have some old cars flirting with the track records on
vintage size rubber, and some very, very exciting racing.  I sure enjoy the
good racing, and I have no problem with the 'fixes and tricks' providing
there is adequate, constant, inspection and maintenance.

The down side I see is many of these cars are approaching fifty years old,
and we are subjecting them to forces they did not see in their youth.  Also,
clearly the very special, exotic vintage cars do not come out and run like
they used to.  I MISS THAT!

Bill Dentinger

PS

Jack Drews, Bob Wismer, and I (and a gaggle of Spitfires) were at BLACKHAWK
over the week end.  Drews was going like a Banshee after he solved some
throttle and heat problems.  I was rusty as hell, and running break-in oil,
but finally got down to 1:33.  Amatuer Sports Car Racing is GOOD for you.
I've been fighting high blood pressure all month.  The doctor wants to put me
on medication, and I don't like to take pills.  My blood pressure this
morning was normal, for the first time this month.

Oh yeah.  Some Nazi 356 hit Wismer in the T-Bolt from behind.  The corner
worker said Bob backed into him.    Not so.