fot

Fluidfilled harmonic dampers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fluidfilled harmonic dampers
From: "John and Mary Wagner" <jonma@dotnet.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:42:13 -0500
IN the true sense of preservation, has anyone ever tried to mount a
fluid filled harmonic damper on TR engine,such as a"Fluidampr"for a
chev, ford, olds, ect.  I know pulleys will be a problem,and shaft size
on most engines are 1.250+ - compared to 1.125+ - on aTR. What about
having a crank cut to fit one of the above. How about  bolting down one
of these new aluminum flywheels,that  has always been a  problem . Do we
need more bolts and dowel pins? I will appreciate any feedback. Agin I
want to say; this is preservation thing. TR engines are like dirt (They
don't make them anymore.) Just the wrench JW.