fot

Re: uncle Jack's disease

To: <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <BillDentin@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: uncle Jack's disease
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:47:38 -0700
The O.D. of the floating baffle is the same as the O.D. of the axle tube
itself.  It sits just inside the inner end of the axle tube where it is
welded into the center section casting.  It prevents oil from running out
the axle tube by sealing against the end of the axle tube when pushed there
by the oil sloshing up against it as it tries to go down the axle tube as
centrifugal force want s it to.

Regards, Greg Solow