fot

Spitfire Silicone Valve Cover Gaskets

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Silicone Valve Cover Gaskets
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 01:33:16 -0700
I am now pushing forward with a Spitfire version of my silicone valve
cover gasket. I will begin tooling soon.  Please do not spread
the word yet to the Triumph Newsgroup, as I am not yet officially
announcing its release date.  (Amici will probably be my new
product testing ground, at a discount of course, before going public.)

The question I have for the group...  those of you that have Spitfires
or any of the cars that have the same engine/valve cover.... and
you have a pair of calipers...
Could you please take a moment to look at your motor and see if anything
comes within 3/16" of the outer edge of the valve cover.

I noticed on various cars I have seen...there are variances...  engine
lifting plates, thermostat housings, etc...    I want to be sure the
gasket works on all these cars...   So please look and let me know.

As an example... here is the thermostat housing of my TR 4A, coming very
close to the valve cover, but there is room for the
gasket...   Whereas... you will see... where the pedestal of the head
bolt draws too close... I had to design the gasket with a notch to
clear it..

http://www.jmwagnersales.com/Photo4.jpg

The Spitfire head is flat on top... no pedestal... and I think the bolt
and washers clear the cover with enough room... but, again, I
would like to know of variances.  Perhaps some cars came with bigger
washers... etc...

I'd appreciate feedback.

--Justin Wagner
jmwagnersales.com