fot

Re: timmurph@execpc.com

To: rem9@sunlink.net
Subject: Re: timmurph@execpc.com
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:31:48 EDT
In a message dated 06/26/2000 5:32:52 PM Central Daylight Time,

<< Subj:     Re: timmurph@execpc.com
 Date:  06/26/2000 5:32:52 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  rem9@sunlink.net (rem9)
 To:    BillDentin@aol.com

 Details??????  anyone?  >>

Russ:

Where were you?

I don't have any more information than TIM MURPHY, a fellow Wisconsonite,
long time TRIUMPH aficionado, and currently preparing a TR4 road racer.  His
E-mail address appears in the subject line above.   I mean, I didn't do a
physical.

OH?  Did you mean MID-OHIO details?  I was going to leave that for Joe.

In the interim however, the TRIUMPH (and Triumph Based) racers I saw included:

Michael Jackson, TR3B, John Harkness, TR3A, Jack Woehrle, GT6, Doug Karon,
Ambro T.R.3, Jeff Snook, TR3A, Joe Alexander, TR4, Brent Cole, Spitfire, Sean
Ryan, Spitfire, Marc Ward, Spitfire, Tim Studdard, TR3, Henry Frye, TR4, Bill
Dentinger, TR3, Bob Wismer, Tornado T.R.3 Thunder Bolt, Don Brick, TR4, John
Lehman, GT6, Dave Spiwak, TR3, Cornell Babcock, TR3A
Glen Efinger, Devin T.R.3., Ed Ceilley, GT6; Kent Howard, TR3A; Bob Druar,
TR3A;

I also saw Jack Brooks, Ken Gillanders, TR Householder,  Irv Korey, Roger
Garnett, Greg Petrolati, Ted Schumacher, and Susan Hensley.  I am sure there
were other FOT members there, and I apologize if I have missed them.  Joe was
'camping' and his paddock was high and dry, proudly displayed the AMICI
TRIUMPHI banner, and quickly became the PLACE TO BE for TRIUMPH types.

I also met Florida TRIUMPH Legend J. K. Jackson for the first time.

The weather was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and even
Saturday morning.  BRIGHT, CLEAR, WARM but not HOT, and LOW HUMIDITY.  Then
Saturday, during the GROUP THREE Qualifying Race (includes the TR3s and TR4s)
the sky opened up, and we got about 2-3 inches of rain in a little over an
hour.  Significant lakes appeared throughout the Competition Paddock area.
Conditions were wet (i.e. standing water in Turn ONE) continued during the
MG/TRIUMPH Challenge Race.  And it rained again on Sunday morning during the
Group THREE race.

Michael Jackson was the FASTEST Triumph, beaten only by the two Super BEEs of
Don Munoz and Les Gonda, and the fast Morgan Plus 4 Super Sport of Clay Cook.
 John Harkness, Jack Woerhle, Jeff Snook and Joe Alexander also went fast, as
did Doug Karon in the Ambro T.R.3.  Brent Cole and Sean Ryan had the fastest
SPITFIRES.

Henry Frye, Bob Druar, and Kent Howard get the STIFF UPPER LIP AWARDs.  I
think Henry Frye replaced EVERY part on his car at some time during the week
end.  He still took the GREEN in both the MG/TRIUMPH and GROUP THREE feature
races.  Now that is determination.

Bob Druar had his TR3A nose piece off at least once during the week end.  I
know he replaced his radiator.  Brick, Wismer and I sat and marveled at how
hard his wife works in these efforts.  We'd like to buy her.  I doubt if he'd
sell her.  Then we thought about bringing our wives to just to watch her and
learn how to do it.  But we had better not.  We figure our wives would
probably corrupt her.

I suspect Kent Howard seized a bearing.  He had rocker stud bolt and push rod
troubles last year.  I think at one point in the week end you could have
bought his whole racing set up, car trailer, everything for about fifty
bucks.  He has had a little black cloud that seems to follow him whenever he
races his TR3A.  Oh well, he can figure this out.  He'll beat the gremlins.
The car is freshly painted, and looks gorgeous.  Anyway, Kent can't get too
mad.  He and his wife just returned from nearly a month in Europe (traveling
in their street TR4), which he had shipped over there.  I mean, it ain't like
his life's in the toilet.  There's been lots of good TRIUMPH times too.  I
mean, he actually courted his wife Carole while in college in that same TR4.
I mean, God's got to give him a little trouble...just for comparison sake, or
he'd never know how good he has it.

Anyway...Joe will give you the juicy details.  This is just for in the mean
time.

Bill Dentinger