fot

VTR rally in Portland, OR

To: fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
Subject: VTR rally in Portland, OR
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:27:13 EDT
Hi gang,

I have pulled out all the stops and find myself able to attend the VTR 2000
rally in Portland to hopefully meet any number of you guys while I am there.

Regretfully, I will not be attending in a Triumph.
Obviously mine is remaining in England, and therefore I will have to find
alternative transport to get me up there.
One Triumph owner had offered my girlfriend and I a lift up there in his
Triumph, but the poor chaps wife got sick, so he cannot now attend.

I have just had a look at the VTR registration form, and as a VTR member, I
note that I can register for 100 USD, and the banquet is only 34 USD each.

Problem for me is that the Greenwood Inn at Beaverton, Portland, OR charges
85 USD per night, which over the four nights comes in at 340 USD for a double
room!
(which is way outside my price range after paying out 960 USD to fly to
Medford, OR, where I am to pick up my girlfriend on July 28 and to drive up
to Portland on Aug 2.)

Do any of my fellow FOT'ers have any ideas where we might stay in that area
for rather less money?

Just wondrin'

Léon F Guyot

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.