fot

Re: Quick thought

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Quick thought
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:46:05 -0400
I, too, think Mark's idea has merit. But I would like to toss into the ring
a few thoughts that ran through my head.

Admittedly, a selfish comment to start. Running the two events concurrently
would not by my choice. I thoroughly enjoy both events, and there is no way
I could get the full effects of both events if they ran together.
Especially if I am fixing a broken race car again!   ;-)

If you ran them on consecutive weekends, that would mean taking two weeks
vacation at one clip. Not an easy thing for lots of us not quite retired
people. And that defeats the whole purpose of getting the VTR masses out to
see the large Triumph turnout at the track.

If the plan to have the 2002 VTR National in Ohio in conjunction with the
Mid-Ohio races doesn't happen, how about engaging a professional video
production company to document Mid-Ohio 2002. The video could be shown at
the VTR convention, and put on sale to recoup the cost. Maybe even make a
profit???

In talking with the workers at Mid-Ohio last weekend, they said it _always_
rains at the track. The county that the track is in has the most rainfall
in all of Ohio. I'd hate to tempt fate... Recollections of Albany...   ;-)

Enough rambling, time to make the donuts...

At 09:02 AM 6/30/00 -0400, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
>Another moment of brilliance, Bradakis.

>Joe Alexander
>VTR Road Racing Advisor (newbie)
>

><<
>
>  What will happen that summer, according to recent notes about the past
>weekend
>  at Mid Ohio, will be a race weekend featuring Triumph.  Perhaps there's some
>  way to tie this into a national level, official VTR event?
>
>  mjb.
>   >>

Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net
Proud (???) Recipient of the FOT