fot

Air Heads/Motor Heads

To: n196x@mindspring.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Heads/Motor Heads
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 19:27:30 EDT
Oh Richard!

We would be there, but can not be there. I thought when I retired there would
be all of this freedom to do as I pleased, but it does not work that way. If
not for other appointments Linda & I  would jump in car and be there.

The account of the the so called "Glacier Girl" and the well done book
written of your exploits, graces our "entertainment center" and is in full
view, always.

You and Pat Epps have made an incalculable contribution to aviation and we
applaud you for it. Thank you!!! ("Rolling the Pole" would be something that
my good friend, Logan Wilson, and I would have done, but we were too busy
flying our corporate desks)

Wish Linda & I could be there. Going to do any other presentations?

Bill Dalton...can YOU go?

When & where is the is the projected flight?

Thanks for the note...

Best Regards,

Joe Alexander

 By definition most…no, all of you are motor-heads.  Some of you'll,
 however, show serious signs of also being inveterate air-heads to boot.
 Throw in your motorcycle types and stink boat captains and you've got the
 backbone of Americana right here on the internet.

 Back to you air-heads.  Tomorrow night my partner Pat Epps and I are giving
 a presentation on the Search and Recovery of a P-38 Lightning we melted out
 of the icecap in Greenland eight years ago.  It's a forty minute
 presentation covering 12 years and seven Expeditions to the icecap.  For
 those of you who can't make it, the punch line is that the plane we
 recovered will fly next year.

 The event is at 6:00pm at Coles Count Airport which I think is about 100
 miles south of Chicago near Charleston(not SC).  Our talk is primarily
 focused on the search and recovery part of the adventure. However if you
 search the net for the Lost Squadron you'll find some pretty interesting
 stuff centred more on the restoration of the plane. If you're interested,
 for better info on tomorrow night please call John Blohm @(217) 744-1910.

 Richard Taylor
 TR-4
 Atlanta