fot

Re: TR4 distributor Advance Curves

To: Peter Vucinic <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>,
Subject: Re: TR4 distributor Advance Curves
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:13:13 -0400
At 11:34 PM 7/10/00 +1000, Peter Vucinic wrote:
>Does anyone one on the list have experience, figures or running similar
>setup on the approximate: -
>
>1. Static Ignition Timing
>2. Idle Advance Timing
>3. Distributor Advance Curve

Since I just double checked it last night, I can tell you what I'm running
with my Electromotive ignition.  This ignition system starts with zero
advance at zero rpm, then sets break points at 1,000 rpm, 3,000 rpm
and 8,000 rpm with a linear interpolation (straight lines) between these
break points.  I am using 8 degrees at 1K, an additional 18 degrees by
3K (for 26 degrees by then) and another 3 degrees by 8K for 29 degrees
total advance (although it is really more like 28 degrees by the 6900 rpm
rev limit that I use.  Note, this is a bit hotter engine than you are using
with 12.75:1 compression, Weber carbs, BFE short track cam, etc.
but it might give you some help.

Cheers,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu