fot

Re: TR4 distributor Advance Curves

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>,
Subject: Re: TR4 distributor Advance Curves
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:42:47 -0700
Without knowing the octane rating of the "regular" fuel that you are going
to use it is difficult to be very precise about the timing.  With 97 octane
(research method) 4 to 6 degrees static tiiming with total advance of around
30 to 34 degrees all in by 4500 rpm should be close.  The more advance that
you can run without pinging at WOT, the better will be the performance and
fuel economy.  I assume that you are not using any vacume advance.  The
timing at idle won't make any difference to the way the car runs.  But it
will probably work out to be around 8 to 10 degrees at 750 rpm which is
where the engine combination should idle well.
                                                                    Regards,
Greg Solow

The Engine Room

Santa Cruz, Ca.