fot

More on Clutch woes

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Clutch woes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:06:41 +0000
I was rummaging through my collection of transmission and clutch parts today
hoping to gain some enlightenment on my clutch problem and
I ran across something that I am not sure about.

I have three spare clutch actuator arms with the TO bearing attached.  Two of
the three are the same as I have in both my Mk1 Spits.
But the third has a shorter collar so the TO bearing is located further to the
rear than the others I have.

Does anybody know what this shorter collar originally came on.  My guess is an
early Mk1 with the coil Spring clutch since that appears
to be the only really different style clutch than all the rest.

I may be able to use this shorter collar to solve my clutch problems.

Regards,
Joe Curry