fot

Re: What Are SCCA Racecars using For Axles ?

To: LANG@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: What Are SCCA Racecars using For Axles ?
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:48:17 EDT
In a message dated 08/01/2000 9:15:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU writes:

<<  The logic escapes me. >>

While I have raced in quite a few SCCA support races (usually vintage
sessions at SCCA PRO events), I have never raced SCCA 'real racing'.

The reason the logic escapes me, is when taken literally, it seems like a
parent saying to their child, "I don't care what you buy or read, just so it
comes in a Sears Roebuck box.'  I know that is simplistic, but in an effort
to level the playing field, they have chosen to allow 'changes to any of the
inerds...i.e., the potential go fast stuff', just so you don't change the box
it comes in.  Again, I am a long time SCCA member, but I don't race SCCA.
Establishing and maintaining satisfactory GCRs seems to me to be a thankless
and unobtainable goal.  Any rule may favor some and hinder others.  I give
them credit for trying.

My favorite part of being an SCCA member is reading the 'court cases' every
month in SPORTSCAR.  Now that's ENTERTAINMENT.  It is a monthly reminder of
why I race Vintage and not 'Real Racing'.  In true vintage racing, we may
keep tract of who wins and who goes fast, but it doesn't really matter.  We
only argue about where we're meeting for breakfast.

Bill Dentinger