fot

Re: Spit 1300 questions

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Spit 1300 questions
From: "michael l. cook" <mlcooknj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:38:36 -0400
Spitfire fans - When I bought the 1969 Mk 3 FP champion, built by Kas and crew,
he
told me one thing. "Replace the crank every six races"

I tried to go seven. It broke clean at #3 main in practice at Lime Rock. I have
nice bent connecting rod as a paperweight on my desk to remind me to take good
advice from people who know what they are talking about!

The heads, the carbs and the manifolds survived but not much else.

Mike Cook