fot

RE: Additional SCCA Questions ?

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: RE: Additional SCCA Questions ?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:51:51 -0700
The big problem with a one-piece shaft and hub would be loading and
retaining the bearing. If we solved that it would probably be with a big nut
that screws onto the axle tube and bears onto the inner bearing. If we went
that far it might make sense to make the hub a floater with the axle splined
in both ends, though you could surely make a hell-for-stout one-piece axle
and hub.