fot

Re: Rev Limiter

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rev Limiter
From: Matthew Wilder <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:49:11 -0400
Hi,

I've been using the MSD 6al ($170) which has the "soft touch" rev
control. Summit has just the soft touch part for use with points for
about $100.  Incredible amount of spark with the MSD coil. I'm not so
sure if it isn't overwhelming my little magnetic electronic ignition at
high RPM's as the timing seems to be unsteady.

Also when I first got the Lotus 7 I used to have it had a very large
Dist. rotor on it.  I found out that it was used as a rev limiter.  As
the RPM's reached a certain point the contact would break.  Never used
it in real life however.

Matt Wilder
'67 TR4a