fot

Re: Rev Limiter

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Rev Limiter
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Joe Curry wrote:

> Anyone got a line on an effective but affordable rev limiter for my Spit
> Race Car project?

Well, you have a 4 cylinder motor with overhead valves, I'd say you have
8 little rev limiters... also known as valve springs.

;-)

If you want more than that, I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you'll
need some electronics. A lot of folks use the MSD 6AL or other
manufacturers' version of same (like the Crane Hi-6 and the various
offerings from Jacobs). If you shop around the hardware isn't that
expensive... figure a couple of "racer units" or US $200, maybe a bit more.

> Joe (C)

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |