fot

Duryea hillclimb

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Duryea hillclimb
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:56:14 -0400
I spent the weekend in Reading, PA working a corner at the Duryea
hillclimb. Being a rally guy, I have always held most other forms of racing
in disdain. My mind has been changed. A hillclimb is nothing more than a
special stage in a rally. Not a lot of racing or seat time, but some fun
just the same.

Of interest to Triumph folks: A very nice TR6 running in EP trim, a nice
TR4 in vintage class and Rich Rock in his newly painted TVR. Plenty of neat
vintage cars made an appearance and were flogged repeatedly. No touring
stuff here.

Now the "bad" part. I want to do hillclimbs. I can see a Spit or GT6
wearing slicks in my future. Oh, man.....

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (Will run forever on cash)