fot

Re: Duryea hillclimb

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Duryea hillclimb
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:33:13 EDT
In a message dated 00-08-22 10:35:38 EDT, WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

<< I am not sure if it is the same track, but it looked wild.  All the
 hillclimbs we had run were up steep hills with a few curves.  This one had a
 some level straight aways!  >>

It is the same place, Bill, and it IS wild.  12 turns, a couple nice straight
aways....

This was the 50th anniversary of the Duryea Hillclimb.  Perfect weather, 86
cars registered---everything from a snowmobile-engined special to a GT-1
Corvette which crossed the finish line approaching 140mph on his FTD run.

I ran my TVR Vixen in the Historic-1 class---the largest class of the
weekend, appropriately enough.  Finished 5th in a 10 car field.  Better than
it sounds, considering what I was up against.  Bill Shields got his new motor
together for his uh, er,....... uh,..... MGB just in time, and won the class.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA