fot

RE: Duryea hillclimb

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: RE: Duryea hillclimb
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:09:56 -0400
I have driven open wheel cars nearly 30 years . formula ford , formula c ,
formula b and formula atlantic . I have never been
injured , but have been  in several crashes and flips . Raced the cars both
in amateur  and professional events and was lucky enough to win
championships in several of the classes .
 There is no greater fun than driving an open wheel car . They are purpose
built racing cars intended to do only one thing , go fast ! All of these
sports cars that we love and enjoy , the tr ,s mg ,s ect. are street cars
converted to racing cars .  They
are great fun , but not the same thing .

Peter Gates