fot

Re: Twin Cam - Re: Twin Cam Period Wheels

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Twin Cam - Re: Twin Cam Period Wheels
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:45:40 EDT
In a message dated 09/13/2000 12:26:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

<< Regarding Ralph's questions about period wheels, wasn't there a wheel
  >offered for the TR3 through dealers that would work on pushrod MGAs?
  >This is not to be confused with the later "Silverstone" wheel offered as
  >a dealer option for TR4s and made by American Racing. The one I'm
  >thinking of was a bolt-on, not a knock-off. I've seen them on one TR3

I have more than two dozen Silverstones.  They are bolt on wheel, and not a
knock-off.  They have fake flippers to make them look like knock-offs.  These
were a Triumph Dealer Competition Option.  I am unaware of a TR3 wheel
competition prior to that, but there may have been one.

Some of the REALLY OLD FOT members, like Ken Gillanders might remember.

Bill Dentinger