fot

Re: Fwd: Twin Cam - Re: Twin Cam Period Wheels

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Twin Cam - Re: Twin Cam Period Wheels
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:52:53 -0400
At 01:24 PM 9/13/00 -0400, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

>Can anyone help Mark Palmer out on wheel information?
>
>Joe
>
>  >Hello Listers:
>  >
>  >Regarding Ralph's questions about period wheels, wasn't there a wheel
>  >offered for the TR3 through dealers that would work on pushrod MGAs?
>  >This is not to be confused with the later "Silverstone" wheel offered as
>  >a dealer option for TR4s and made by American Racing. The one I'm
>  >thinking of was a bolt-on, not a knock-off. I've seen them on one TR3
>   >>

I have a set of American Racing Equipment wheels, I thought they were
called Silverstones, but they are bolt on. BTW, at the Lime Rock swap meet
I had a set of true magnesium ARE wheels for a TR in my hands. He only
wanted $1000 for the set! They were 15 X 5 wide.

Is the MG wheel you are looking for 14 or 15 inch? All TR's that I know of
have 15 inch wheels.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net
The redeemed #05
I still can't believe all this fun is legal.