fot

Re: Neat!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Neat!
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:31:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Joe Curry wrote:

> Ok, That brings me back to my original question regarding carbs.  When
> I was doing my research on classes prior to building Tiny Tim, I found
> that the only Spitfire class that allows other than ZS and SU carbs
> is DM.  Unless I missed something or the rules have changed, Street
> Prepared does not allow those DCOE's.  Is that the case or are you
> "Cheating"???   :)

Street Prepared allows any form of carb or fuel injection. This is also
summarized as: external engine mods are "free".

So, you can't run a cam in SP (FSP for the Spitfire), but you can run Webers.

Now, in the Prepared classes there are limits on carburation etc.,
presumably to equalize competition. I'm not sure of the level of success
in this regard, because it's been a long time (if memory serves) since a
Spitfire won D Prepared - if ever.

D Mod is another place to run, but in our region, you probably wouldn't
like to run against the likes of Chris Bernard and some others. These
folks build to the limit of the rules _and_ are unbelievably good drivers
to boot!

With respect to classing, SP allowing Webers and P not allowing them... it's
wierd, but that's the way it is.

No comments about logic and SCCA, please.

;-)

> Joe

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |