fot

Fwd: Billet Steel Flywheels?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Billet Steel Flywheels?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:45:59 EDT
--part1_98.b5bfb37.271a9087_boundary

From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Full-name: WEmery7451
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:44:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Billet Steel Flywheels?
To: emanteno@attglobal.net

In a message dated 10/14/00 7:35:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
emanteno@attglobal.net writes:

<< Cambridge Motorsport in England lists "steel billet lightweight flywheels"
 to fit the TRactor engine. They supposedly weigh 7.75# without the ring
 gear. Does anyone on the list use one of these? Can anyone educate me as to
 the potential advantages/disadvantages of this versus an aluminum flywheel?

Unfortunately, my flywheel is aluminum.  I have been told that there are now
steel flywheels almost as light as aluminum flywheels.  Steel is stronger,
and the bolt hole threads are less likely to strip.

--part1_98.b5bfb37.271a9087_boundary--