fot

Texas World and other issues

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Texas World and other issues
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:42:11 -0500
Just got back from a wonderful weekend at Texas World Speedway, where
Kent and Joe competed and did so admirably. Observations follow:

Hospitality was absolutely unsurpassed. Wonderful people. About 130
entries.

Interesting course -- I think the most interesting combo oval / road
course I've seen, since it goes outside the oval. I will go back.

Travelling with Kent and Joe is spooky. Kent ran out of tow vehicle gas
on the way down. Joe, travelling completely separately, ran out of gas
on the way down.

Travelling with Kent and Joe is spooky #2 -- Kent blew a trailer tire on
the way home. Joe, travelling separately, blew a trailer tire on the way
home.

While we were getting Kent's tire changed in Perry, Oklahoma, I went
wandering and strayed into a one-man shop stacked floor to ceiling with
car parts, run by a guy who restores cars, and in the back was a
customer car -- an Aston Martin DB2 under restoration. Ya never
know......

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt