fot

RE: Spitfire windshields

To: "'Susan Hensley'" <racespit@netzero.com>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire windshields
From: Russ Moore <rem@CBORD.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:44:01 -0400
I have used Lexan and am thankful. I have had bits of block from other
competitors bounce off it and it does not shatter. Yes, it is available in
smoke, which is what I use. It can be cut from a flat sheet as mine was and
attached with (I used 5) stainless steel L-brackets I made. Very cost
effective and easily replaced if needed. The material is available at most
glass shops. I have had mine on the car for 11 years and wore it through the
rollovers 3 years ago. Didn't hurt it!
Attached is a web site that has some pictures of it on the car if anyone is
interested. http://www.sunlink.net/~rem9/
There is a page of pictures off the home page.

I recommend Lexan's use highly over plexiglas. It's much safer.
Russ Moore