fot

Dashboard for Racing TR's

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dashboard for Racing TR's
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 12:53:08 -0800
This is a feeler question....

I'm slowly putting together my buck... for making a new dash board for
my TR 4A.

I have no intention of joining the other people out there that are
offering dashboards, completed, and ready to install...   this one is
just for my car... HOWEVER...

I was wondering...  For a reasonable fee...   (something to make the
effort worth my while) ... do you think some of you might be interested
in buying a dash piece that's already the correct size...  correct
bevels, etc...  for the TR 4A (and associated TR's)...
but....

I would only put in the stock holes that you request....

i.e. you could order a complete blank... or, perhaps, you want the holes
for the speedo and tach put in....  and/or maybe the glove
compartment... etc..

I just thought it might be a way for some of you to make your own custom
dashes for your race cars... without having to do the most complicated
part, of making the blank.

This is an "out there on the horizon" proposition... but I wanted too
put out this feeler.  In short, I would charge something for a blank...
and something for each additional hole... all done in a high quality
plywood (similar to stock)... without a laminate.

As mentioned, there'd be additional charges for each hole....
and maybe I would offer some laminate pieces (real wood laminates,
etc)...  that could be installed...

But the idea would be... to leave the majority of the finish work to
you.   I guess you might say, it could be a dashboard "kit"...

New dashes are quite reasonable these days... so obviously I couldn't
expect too much for this service... but it seemed to me that there might
be a good compromise price to be found... where some of you would enjoy
locating your own instruments, switches, etc...

Please respond to the group... as a thread... so that the feedback is
seen by all... as this might lead to some further thoughts by others.

Thanks.

Justin Wagner