fot

Re: Thanksgiving, Turkeys and Mayflowers

To: brad.kahler@141.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanksgiving, Turkeys and Mayflowers
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 20:38:31 EST
In a message dated 11/24/00 7:27:51 PM EDT, brad.kahler@141.com writes:

> We drove to Lincoln, NE to spend Thanksgiving with his family.
>  Thanksgiving morning Brad charged the battery on his Mayflower and we
>  two turkeys motorvated the couple miles to his parents' house for
>  Thanksgiving dinner in style...
>  (The FOT connection here is, unbelievably, that the car used to be
>  autocrossed by its previous owner, who has trophies to prove it!)

I seem to recall a photo in a long-ago issue of the TSOA Newsletter (Mike C.,
help me out here) of the "official Group 44 Mayflower," replete with the
"backwards" 4's on the side.

>  We actually did get it up to about 40 mph on the back streets -- not bad
for
>  an unrestored car that hasn't been run in 5 years and only has three
gears!

Used to take me and my Mayflower 5 years to get up to 40 mph....

>  And only 1/3 of the full braking system...  It was a blast!

That's about 1/3 more than my poor 'Flower has at the moment! On the other
hand, I've got genuine (35-year-old) Michelin "X" radials on my car, so watch
out in that next autocross! :-) :-)

--Andy