fot

Rev Limiter Post Script.

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rev Limiter Post Script.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:21:20 -0700
I discovered the problem I mentioned in the previous post.  THere is a pair of
jumper wires that must be cut to change the
configuration from an 8 cylinder to a 4 cylinder.  Snip, snip and it all works
according to expectations.  And in with a 6500 rpm
module and I'm off to the races!!!

One note for those who have a Pertronix Ignitor module in place of their
points.  There is a connection on the MDS box for magnetic
pickups to be attached.  This is NOT where the Pertronix wires connect.
According to MSD, the Pertronix is treated just like points
and therefore the red lead from the Ignitor connects to the small red wire that
also goes to the switch and the black wire from the
ignitor attaches to the white wire from the MSD box.

Regards,
Joe