fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #219

To: fot@autox.team.net, Spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #219
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 18:00:05 EST
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

<< Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:17:12 -0700
 From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
 Subject: Plug Wires

 Friends,
 I just bought a MSD ignition system and in installing it, I find that they
say solid plug wires absolutely cannot be used.  They (of
 Course) recommend their own plug wires that are "Heli-Core" conductors.

 They say that a spiral wound wire must be used.  Their wire sets come only
(as far as I can tell) in sets of 8.  So, does anyone have
 any words of wisdom on other options for finding such wires at an addordable
price (in sets of 4)?

 Regards,
 Joe Curry

Hey Joe,

Please let me know which MSD system you have bought and your experiences in
fitting it?
(I bought an MSD-6AL in Lancaster,CA on vacation, but have not yet been able
to get near the car to fit it, due to the wettest fall since 1729 when
records began here)
Just think about that for a moment, that's nore rain in the last 3 months
than any year that the USA has been in existence!

As to the plug wires, why not buy 8 and use them on 2 Spitfires?
Just a thought.

Kind Regards

Lion

Triumph Sports Six Club
International Liaison Secretary
1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible
Wimbledon, London, England.