fot

Re: Tilton's etc.

To: SpiwakD@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tilton's etc.
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:23:06 -0500
At 05:54 PM 12/1/00 -0500, SpiwakD@aol.com wrote:
>Amici
>
>        The white TR3 at Mid Ohio two years ago was owned by Richard Naze
> from
>Illinois. He had the Tilton setup. No one could tell how well it worked
>because he has blown an engine at every event. Worse luck than Henry Frye.
>
>                                                         Dave

Hey Dave,

Luck? Is that what it takes to stay in clean clothes at the track? Why
didn't someone tell me before now?? Where can I get some and how much does
it cost???   ;-)   Darn, and here I was thinking that meticulous
preparation and attention to details was all I needed...

For my rookie year, I certainly got more than  my share of greasy
fingernails trackside. But, let the record show I NEVER blew an
engine!  Now, at Savannah I'll bet I could have blown that one pretty easy,
but that is whole other story...

Speaking of brakes, I am running a stock dual circuit TR6 master cylinder
with no booster. I think the car stops OK, and I can modulate the brakes
pretty well. I'd think the booster would make it much more difficult to
obtain consistent threshold braking. Then again, at the end of a 20 minute
session my legs are tired!

Has anyone used the setup I am or something similar and then switched to a
dual master cylinder setup with adjustable bias like a Tilton? Do they
really help you stop that much better? I realize the safety aspect of
having two master cylinders sort of speaks for itself...

As always, thanks.
Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net   -   TR4 #05
http://members.iconn.net/~thefryes/race/raceintro.html