fot

gears

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: gears
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 06:43:48 -0600
I need to make a decision and I'd appreciate fellow FOT's opinions on
this.

Currently I run a stock gearbox and a 3.7 rear. I'd like to eliminate
the big gap between 2nd and 3rd, not because I think lap times will
change much, but because I think the car will be more enjoyable to
drive.

What is your experience -- close ratio gears in a stock box (about $600)
or an overdrive trans (about $600)? (Yeah, I know -- ideally I'd do

--

uncle jack

The Attorney General advises that vintage racing may be hazardous to
your wealth.