fot

Re: Tilton's etc.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tilton's etc.
From: Bill Babcock <billbab2@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 10:22:38 -0800 (PST)
I put the full tilton pedal kit into my TR3. It took a
little cutting a fabricating, but it wasn't that hard.
That gave me a good, simple dual brake system and
adjustable bias--I used the remote bias adjustment and
located the knob where the vent control used to be.

The throttle pedal was more difficult to get right. I
used a pedal and pivot from a Toyota actuating a hefty
cable that can be pushed or pulled so if a spring
breaks I can hook a toe under the pedal and pull the
throttle shut.

The big problem is the lever ratios to get a
reasonable pedal travel (you don't want an on-off
switch) and still be able to heel & toe easily. I just
cut and tried 'till I was happy.