fot

Re: Brake Master Cylinders

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinders
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 01:47:40 EST
FOT, William, Bill:
Gee Guys (Hi Susan) I survived Vietnam, so I am used to things being thrown
at me;
but recently it has usually been by porsche or miata drivers, or the scca,
Inc.  :-)
As for carrying tools, I hope that we are all qualified!

I did run one race where my TR3's brake system might or might not have been
as the rule change intended.  I do appreciate the help that Bill, William,
Greg, TRF, and others supplied.  With my time line, I went with the Morgan
master cylinder, as it was all that was available in time for the next event.
(ISIS Imports is a short drive,
and Dave of TRF had done his best trying to get a "Bill" one for me)  With
the alternate front calipers and large rear wheel cylinders displacing more
than a standard system, this system was not good.  Greg has since found that
some of these cylinders were defective at the factory. Perhaps that was one
of the reasons that I had an even more difficult time than Bill did purging
the system  LOL.   I previously started attempting to use a GT6+ master with
remote fluid reservoirs and adapters that I made and/or adapted, but I went
with the Morgan system as it should have displaced more fluid than the GT6+
cylinder.  One should realize that my soon to be outlawed roll cage was in
the way, as was the bodywork, for fitting the proper system (side-by-side,
with adjustable bar), or even a cylinder with the mounting ears to the side.
 The E Production TR2/3 had been already made non competitive,
so I saw no point in investing large amounts of money cutting up my TR3 from
the condition that it was in when it won the title of national champion.
Similar reasoning went into not changing every piece of the roll cage to meet
yet another rule change.
Thus my TR3 has been unhappily parked in my basement for a couple of years,
and it was, indeed, another white TR3 that was spotted at Mid-Ohio.  We have
not retired, our racing is just in remission.

Hardy Prentice (HRPTR3@aol.com)

<<