fot

Re: Monterey

To: peyote222@dellnet.com, KLynch7589@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:17:55 EST
In a message dated 12/04/2000 10:01:45 AM Central Standard Time,

<< Subj:     Re: Monterey
 Date:  12/04/2000 10:01:45 AM Central Standard Time
 From:  peyote222@dellnet.com (baxter  culver)
 To:    BillDentin@aol.com, KLynch7589@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net

 Bill Dentinger is right about TR's and Monterey Historics.   If it makes
 anyone feel better, MGs are treated the same. >>

It is our own fault, and easy to understand, if you think about.

Many examples of our cars are still racing in 'real racing'.  As a result,
they are continuing to evolve.  Who wants to bring out their pristine,
historically significant, museam piece, run it at speed on a track in front
of God and everybody, and get creamed by a tricked up TR or Spitfire that is
flirting with the Track Record.  It's embarrassing.  The fix is don't invite
the tricked up science fiction versions of 'vintage' cars, or you won't get
the real 'vintage' cars.

That's the down side of vintage racing becoming so racy, exciting, and
successful.  The really good, really special vintage cars don't come any
more.

It's a price we pay.

Bill Dentinger