fot

Re: MG jokes and the 'orrible price we pay when we tell them

To: Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG jokes and the 'orrible price we pay when we tell them
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:58:24 EST
In a message dated 12/23/00 4:20:06 AM EDT, Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk
writes:

> It was our own Irv Korey and on the back of his overalls it reads in large
>  letters 'I'D RATHER EAT WORMS THAN DRIVE AN MG.- Ahem!! have you ever got
>  into any 'bover' wearing those overalls Irv -

Maybe I shouldn't even mention this, but we (VTR) did actually lose a member
because of Irv's overalls. Said person wrote us a letter, expressing great
indignation over our (VTR) choice to bash another fine British marque (which
it is, of course) in such fashion and proclaiming his intent not to renew.
This after our magazine editor had the AUDACITY to print a photo of Irv in
those coveralls (TVT #71, Spring 1999, p. 1615) Yes, he owned both and MG and
a Triumph.

Sigh....humo(u)r is such a personal thing, and something that the British
especially have always done so well. I mean, some of the all-time great
"clown cars" -- Metropolitan, Mini, Standard/Triumph 10, to name but a few --
came from England, right? Were it not for BMC and Standard-Triumph, clowns
throughout the world would've been forced to enter the circus in Ford Pintos
or Yugos.

:-)

--Andy Mace