fot

Re: TR4's On Speedvision

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4's On Speedvision
From: "Ian Cowie" <ianhome@acohs.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:43:17 +1100
Guys,

Ian 777 here. You are not going to believe what my problems was. As I had
got new gets and all, they came with a rubber seal to seal the flow of fuel
from the float bowl to the jet. However, for reasons only known  to a
certain piece of rubber, it had cut itself and slid neatly inside the tube
leading from the bowl to the jet. I picked this up when after going away and
thinking for a bit, when I checked to see if fuel was teetering in each jet.
Voila! Left hand carb 'drizabone'. So now, after thinking it was timing and
all that #$@^%!, I have the car going again. Still curious about the jet
height, cause it is much lower down for the same number of turns as the
original. I also learned that leaving the screw out as far as original is
too rich and car wont even start. I screwed idle up all the way then out one
turn and now I have idle, although a bit rough. Jack was right with this set
up likes a lot more advance on the ignition, but because I have no timing
light or any like that at the moment, I set it by ear. What is  best way to
set timing anyway. I seem to remember something about a timing dial ... is
this right? Distributor is brand new with comp springs, and no vacuum
advance.

Tomorrow is another day...

777