fot

aluminum front hub survey

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: aluminum front hub survey
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:14:32 +0000
There have been a number of front hub failures on TR's. Not an epidemic,
but often enough that a reinforcement method has been devised, using
longer rotor mounting bolts, doing some drilling and tapping, and in
some cases inserting a spacer between the ears.

I'm going to do something about my front hubs and am in te exploratory
stage.

One thing I'm going to do is get a quote on aluminum hubs machined from
6061 Aluminum, eliminating the separation between the rotor mounting
surface and the wheel mounting surface.

Aluminum hubs are available from England for something over $130 apiece
plus taxes and shipping but I have not bought them because of the cost.

My question of my fellow TR racers is, how much interest is there in
aluminum hubs? I know that a decision on this type of thing is usually
cost-dependent, but I need to have some feel for the level of interest
so I can guess at run quantity for quoting purposes.

Please send me a message if you may have some interest in them (off
list). No obligation of any sort.

Thanks!

--

uncle jack

Like I said, "Life isn't long enough for me to do another ground-up
restoration". Well, thank goodness, it is.