fot

Re: tires (Very inexpensive!!)

To: Bob Davis <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: tires (Very inexpensive!!)
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:33:10 -0600
Hi!

I have been using a guy named John Berget for several years now for
used/take-off tires.  He sells all kinds of tires for all race applications,
from Goodyears to Hoosiers to the 8 1/2" Yoko cantilevered slicks I used to use
to the minimally DOT-approved A008's and the BFGoodrich Comp TA R1's I just got
from him for vintage racing.  I pay about $35-40 per tire for 3/4 tread or
better (and it has always been better so far -- every tire I have gotten from
him so far shows VERY little use) and he has always thrown in a spare, or in the
BFG's case, TWO spares, for free.  He advertises in the back of the SCCA
Sportscar magazine, and is very knowledgeable.  His number is 262/740-0180, and
if you call, please tell him I sent you.  He likes to know where his business
comes from.

As for race tires for vintage, you can use several different kinds.  The brand I
have seen most is Hoosier, but Yokohama, BFG, and Blue Streak are all also
valid.  I think I heard the Blue Streaks may be harder than the rest -- I
haven't heard much about them.  I'm sure it also may change from sanctioning
body to sanctioning body as well as to what you can and can't run.

I hope this helps!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)

Bob Davis wrote:

> I am running vintage races only. What are my alternatives to Hoosier Vintage
> TD 5.50-15 tires?
>
> Who has the best prices on tires?
>
> thxx, Butch Davis

Shop online without a credit card