fot

TR6 Quick Ratio Steering Rack

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Quick Ratio Steering Rack
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@plastekgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:37:51 -0500
Hi all:

There is a company in England called Racetorations (www.racetorations.co.uk)
that offers a lot of go-fast goodies for Triumphs.

One of the things they sell is a Quick Rack Steering Kit. Their description
of the part is as follows:

"An exchange item -- reconditioned rack reducing the lock to lock turn by
approximately 0.9%. A worthwhile fast road modification and almost essential
for all serious competition."

They are asking 157.50 GBP (approx. $230.00 USD) plus the rack from my car.
I have a 75 TR6 that I use both for street and autocrossing. It is
undergoing a sssslow "rolling" conversion from FSP to FP, although I intend
for it to always remain streetable.

Does anyone have any experience with this company/product? Opinions on
whether or not this would be a good, competitive investment?

Oh, and one more thing...

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but there's a photo of a CP Mustang
that my husband and I painted for a friend in this month's issue of GRM.
Granted it's just a Ford and I was only allowed to prep the car, but it
still looks good in the photo. As for the obligatory LBC content -- just
consider it was practice for when we shoot the '6!!! ;-)

Thanks for all your help,
Wendy Hart
1975 TR6
1976 TR7