fot

Re: Tireless

To: <JFrymark@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tireless
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:19:12 -0600
The BFG R1has been replaced with the BFG g-Force T/A R1. The following is
from the Tire Rack web site. I'm not sure why these wouldn't be legal if you
are allowed 60 series tires as they are DOT and treaded. AFAIK, my race
org., CVAR does not allow them, but they have a clause which allows us to
petition them if we run out of tire choices. I'll be at that point later
this year when my 008's go bald! The g-Force T/A R1 comes in a 205/60-15.

>snippage>
Derived from the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A racing slick, the first radial ply
tire to be used exclusively in the Sports Car Club of America Trans Am
series, the g-Force T/A R1 is BFGoodrich's latest DOT street legal
competition tire. The g-Force T/A R1 is designed to be used for autocross,
driver's school and showroom stock racing applications and will eventually
replace the previous Comp T/A R1 230. The g-Force T/A R1, should be used in
sets of four and is not compatible with the previous Comp T/A R1 230 or
other competition tires.

The g-Force T/A R1 is molded with a tread depth of just 3/32" so it will not
require shaving for competition. However like the Comp T/A R1 230, its new
state-of-the-art tread compound will continue to benefit from "heat cycling"
before competition to enhance wear and consistent performance.

It features a symmetric tread design (which looks directional, but isn't)
and can be used on either side of the car. Additionally, as the outer
shoulder begins to wear the g-Force T/A R1 can be remounted "inside-out" on
the wheel to prolong its life.

The g-Force T/A R1 features a completely different internal construction
than the previous Comp T/A R1 230, and varies from size to size with some
sizes using steel belts while others use fiberglass and steel. Internally it
features a new inflated shape and a symmetric construction with a radial
nylon carcass ply reinforced by three steel belts and a circumferential
nylon ply under the tread.
Size                        205/60ZR15
Max pressure         44psi
Tread                     3/32nds