fot

Re: Scrappy-British Car Magazine, Non Tech.

To: N197TR4@cs.com, BRITPAC@aol.com
Subject: Re: Scrappy-British Car Magazine, Non Tech.
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:47:18 EST
In a message dated 2/25/01 6:54:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, N197tr4@cs.com
writes:

<< We've decided we need a bit more ground clearance for Great Race. The back
 > leafs are ok, I know how to do that. Does anyone know if the later TR4
stock
 > coil (1.25" longer free length) will have good articulation and go into a
TR3
 > without making it too stiff?
 >  >>

Talking about The Grate Race, until recently, I always thought that this
event was only a movie until recently talking to Donna Mae Mims.  She and two
speedy Ms. friends ran in this event many years ago.  While speeding along at
night, it was Donna Mae's turn to sleep on the back seat.  She had a dream
about being in a clothes dryer.  Their car was rolling down a hill, resulting
in a broken arm for her.

Their Knight in Shinning Armer was a truck driver who saw the accident, and
made sure that the three Ms's were taken to a hospital.  Donna Mae always
wanted to meet a truck driver, but this one turned out to gay.

She presently has a part time job of environmentally policing her
neighborhood to write up individuals with trailers, trucks, and junk cars
hidden behind their houses.  This job requires her to sneak through back
yards with a clip board, and resulted in her falling on ice and breaking her
leg this winter.  She still made the Christmas party and two meetings on
crutches.  I told her that I don't want to see something pink with a
clipboard in my back yard.

Donna Mae is also a member on the Steeltown Corvette Club and is promoting a
Chip Ganassi talk on 4/17/01.  I was entered in the first SCCA national race
that Chip ran in (Steel Cities Cumberland National at Nelson Ledges, spring
of 1980).  Channel 11 TV was at this race doing a documentary on SCCA racing,
which was aired several times.  Chip was the star and I was the scrub.  Group
44 was at this race, and was flamed up because they were filming and
interviewing me and not them.

More good old days.