fot

Re: Headlights

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Headlights
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:48:11 -0500
First, read the rules for the organizations your are talking about.  Many
require
only tape or wire screen baskets over headlights.

Second, I was the co-driver at Sebring.  The car belongs to Bob Wismer, who
towed
it all the way down from Ill to enjoy the weather, racing and company.  He was
kind enough to offer me half of the enduro and his company for the weekend.  The
weekend prior we were both at Kershaw SC and raced with Don Marshall and his TR4
with VDCA.

Third, the darn thing didnt blow up!  It has a leaky rear main seal and it seems
I was tossing the car around a bit worse than Bob does and it was leaking onto
the header and making a respectable mosquito fog.  We parked it instead of
flailing to clean up the oil and get back out.  Bob's TR4 handles really nicely
and it generally easier to drive than my TR3.  I gotta get under that thing and
see what secrets that I can transfer over.

mike jackson