fot

X-Flow head

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: X-Flow head
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:51:58 -0700
Fascinated by the existence of a X-flow head for TR-3/4's, I've never
heard mention of it before.

Have I missed something here? If you are fitting a new head, why would
you need to spend a dime modifying your old head?

If you designed a head for a particular engine why would you do so
requiring a redesign of the entire engine? I mean, it either bolts on or
it doesn't. These are not exotic engines, they're very basic. They're
tractor engines for God's sake. I can see where you may need to redesign
the cam shaft to accommodate differing valve layout but a good designer
would try to avoid that problem. Pistons might have to be changed to
accommodate a new combustion chamber design. Intake and exhaust systems
would be a necessary and expected change, the rest sounds like excuses to
discourage interest.

Sounds to me as though Sir Laurance might have been hit with the sword a
bit to hard by the Queen. Maybe they look so cool as new castings that he
just can't bear to part with them, or they are holding up a set of
shelves in his basement with his collection of Motor magazines.

Bill 70 GT-6+
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!