fot

Re: Re: oil temp sensor

To: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: oil temp sensor
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:21:11 -0600
I had been wondering about that.  Most responses to me were for mounting a
sensor in the sump.  On Susan's race spitfire the sensor was mounted on the
remote oil filter, hence receiving oil that had already had time to cool down
from "sitting" in the sump.  After thinking about it I would think the place to
read the "hottest" temperature would be in the sump.  Any place else would give
the oil more time to cool down, at least some anyway.

As it turns out for my application (TR3), I have the factory optional aluminum
sump which had the boss for a sensor precast into it.  That pretty much
dictated just where I was going to install my sensor!

Thanks for the info.

Brad

--
Brad

http://www.141.com/Triumphs
http://www.141.com/Dodge

1951 Dodge 1/2 ton B3B pickup (being restored)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL (almost a driver)
1957 Devin (TR3 based)
1957 TR3 Road Racer
1961 TR4 CT288L (being restored)
1962 TR3B TCF1564L (some day)
1964 Spitfire 4 BFC25720L (of Belgian decent)
1967 TR4A (aka Freddy)