fot

57 Devin for sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: 57 Devin for sale
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:51:19 -0600
Ok gang, Susan and I are putting the 57 Devin that we have up for sale.

Same price we paid for it.  No, we're not getting out of the Devin business,
we've just located one closer to home and in the same basic condition, same
basic price.  Makes life easier for us.  The Devin we have for sale is at
Henry Frye's in Connecticut.  I believe a few people have
stopped by to check it out.  We wanted to give the FOT first chance at it
before pursuing other means of selling the car.

Some pictures are on my web site at
http://www.141.com/triumphs just click on the Devin picture and it will bring
up the photos.

The specifics of the car are as follows:

1957 TR3 based Devin F model

The fiberglass tub is in overall nice condition.  Only problems with the
fiberglass tub itself is the lower valance is partially missing and there seems
to be some fractures of the glass right in front of the engine
compartment on the nose.  The boot lid is in excellent condition and the bonnet
is in salvagle/repairable condition.

The drivers door is in very good shape, the passenger door needs to have some
regrafting done where the fiberglass was bonded to the steel.

The underlying steel tub is in pretty fair condition with rust repair work
needed in the spare tire compartment and cockpit floorboards either need
repairing or replaced, probably a combination of the two.  I do have a used
but good condition replacement section for the spare tire compartment.

The frame appears to be very solid.

It comes with a TR3 tranny, steering wheel, gauges and a pair of TR3 seat
pans...

As I mentioned above, the ONLY reason we are selling this particular Devin is
due to finding one much closer to us in the same basic condition.  We have big
plans for fixing up a Devin whether its this one or the one close to home.

Brad  (Hensley, Arkansas 501-261-7228)

My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 3/1/2001)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1968 TR250 CD8096 -- Susan's next project
1967 TR4A -- aka Freddie (Freddy Fender's old car)
1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- camber compensated
1962 TR4 CT288L -- lots & lots of teeny pieces
1962 TR3B TCF1564L -- (in the barn,literally!)
1957 Devin -- (F model, TR3 based)
1957 TR3 Race Car -- (built to Kastner specs)
1953 Mayflower TT29490LDL
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108 (sheet metal now painted)