fot

Gilmer pulleys

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Gilmer pulleys
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 20:07:15 EDT
Amici,
I can see everyone is pondering Kas's eight horsepower for a belt conversion
and I understand what everyone's going thru studying catalogs.  I did this
research and conversion 2 years ago and was dismayed at the silly prices
asking for alloy pulleys.
I ended up at my local industrial supply house and studied their "Browning"
catalog until I found a combination of steel pulleys and belts that allow me
to run the reduction I want and not need an idler.  The steel pulleys are
thick but most of the material can be machined away.  I'd still like to have
ally pulleys but not at their prices!
Steve
BTW, my belt size came out to 255L050.